Monday 25 June 2012

A Private Commission #2

Last year, or maybe it was even two years ago, my mum's best friend's daughter commissioned me to create a wedding present for her dear friends Sarah & Ian.

After weeks, months, years of working on the piece on and off, it is FINALLY ready.

The couple visited me many months ago after their wedding AND their honeymoon to discuss what they wanted the subject of the vessel to be.  I was thinking it would be a 'Wedding' piece to commemorate their Big Day, perhaps with images of the happy couple, the bridesmaids, the car, vows etc, but once the couple arrived and we had had a little chat, we decided to create a vessel to commemorate their Honeymoon, which is a much more subtle way of celebrating their marriage, as it is something they can look at and reminise about, but its still not an obvious 'Wedding' gift.

Sarah & Ian honeymooned in Rio, Brazil!  They sent me some of their favourite holiday pictures and also told me what they really loved about the place and I have created a unique vessel which illustrated their Honeymoon.

Below are some quick snaps.  Again, what do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment