Saturday 23 June 2012

Leigh Art Trail 2012

So thats it folks!  Leigh Art Trail is done and dusted!  It's been a busy week with lots of people coming into the shop for the first time to see my own, and also visiting artist, Matt Swain's work!


I only met Matt just before the art trail when he was allocated my gallery for his venue!  It was all a bit hectic trying to get stuff glazed and printed on time, but we did it and I think the result was quite successful!

The venue had a mixture of our work, and I think they complimented each other quite well.  Matt's work is all drawn digitally on the computer with a graphics tablet, and each time you look at it you can find something else you hadn't noticed before and my work kinda goes along with that same theme, although our work couldn't be different!


I launched a new collection during the art trail - "Publand - Leigh on Sea".  These are an extension of my previous vessels based on the Pubs of London.  I have taken the three most famous pubs seeped in history in Leigh on Sea and captured their facades alongside some humourous illustrations on the surface of my ceramic pots.  

They are available to order - each pub on each size vessel - Small £60, Medium £80 or Large £100 and will be ready for with within 3(ish) weeks. Pop in to the gallery or contact me directly by email : missannabeldee@gmail.com


The opening Saturday was a success.  Here's us (myself and Matt, toasting to the trail!)


 Looking forward to next years trail already.  I think im going to get involved a bit more as now I know whats in store.  I think that maybe there needs to be more artists up THIS end of Leigh (Leigh Road) rather than them all concentrated down along the Broadway!

We have some lovely quirky shops down here and it would be great to see them involved! (watch this space!*)


One more thing.  Matt's prints proved quite popular here at the gallery so I will be continuing to stock them.  Please pop in for prices or commissions

No comments:

Post a Comment